Counting Rainbows and Not the Storms- IVIG #9

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."

I found that little Native American Proverb this morning, sitting here watching Hunter receive IVIG infusion #9. 

We are a week late, but we are here.  His IV insert was almost painless.  Our regular nurse was not in today, but the two who tag-teamed to do the insertion did it with relatively little difficulty.  He of course had two new McQueens to greet him and give him super sonic strength.  We are most definitely going to have to start decreasing the amount of IVIG's soon because I am running out of McQueens. :)
 
 
Yesterday morning, I was asked to present to Peyton's preschool for a staff development day.  I prepared a training on Speech and Language, Disabilities (including a requested section on Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder), Sharing concerns with parents (including a section on the often overlooked grieving process), and Recovery. 
 
I am definitely not the best public speaker. As I have presented more, I have become comfortable sharing our story, but I let my emotions take over many times yesterday.  From one standpoint, I think that an emotional connection allows the audience to truly connect with the speaker.  On the other hand, I wanted to be able to pull it together to demonstrate poise, confidence, and expertise. 
 
But when I looked out in the audience after sharing Hunter's video, and seeing multiple people wipe their eyes, I knew I had made an impact.  From that point on, they didn't just take in my information as a professional- they connected with me as a mother.
 
We have all weathered the storms.  Can you think of a "perfect" day all around?  Truly, a day when nothing wrong happened?  If you think about it, just getting through normal, everyday routines is a blessing in itself. 
 
If I can be a rainbow in the midst of someone else's storm, helping these teachers with families going through a similar situation, I have served my purpose.  For having intent, when everything seems to be uncontrollable, variable, and unpredictable, gives me hope that our family, too, will feel that same feeling of not just intent,
 
but content.
 

Pray for my little man this week.   
 
We will pray for you all, too. 
 
We all need a little ray of light in the midst of cloudy days.
 

Comments

Popular Posts