Catch-Up Cafe- IVIG #18

Wow.  I can't believe it has been so long.  Here are my excuses:
1) My computer has been "ill" since the summer. My good friend Royce cleaned it out for me and now I have a working computer to download pictures!
2) I am not working as many hours, but I decided I needed to volunteer for several positions: PTO, Special Needs Parent Support, Race Director, Carnival Committee....as my Mother-in-law told me, it's OK to sit and read a magazine once in awhile.  I need to take her advice and stop spreading myself thin!
3) We have been enjoying family life.  Felt SO incredibly normal, with our busy sports weekend, time with friends...wow.  I texted my friend Brynn and told her how easy life seemed!!

And then....week 10 post IVIG hit and we were back to the bottom.  Hunter was night-waking, slamming doors, yelling, had a short fuse...I took him into the doctor after we found out he had a strep exposure.  But negative...so I warned his teacher (who had emailed me with a distinct change) that we would have a rough two weeks.

And we did.

I am so thankful to be here today, because he already is smiling more than I have seen in the last few days.  He is bright eyed and compliant.  Let's hope this lasts, because I need more sleep and less agitation. 

I will go back now and catch you up on our lives over the past few months.  After all, IVIG is my catch-up café as we sit in the hospital. 

I promise to not be a stranger again! Blogging will continue. :)

Comments

Popular Posts