guest blogger: daddy ;)

WOW...I guess there is a first time for everything!  When Erika first started writing this blog I talked to her about maybe wanting to write as well.  I did say MAYBE :)  You see, writing is not one of my strong areas but I might as well try. 

I first want to say how amazing my wife is.  I sit back and read this blog with great respect for the woman that I love on an every second basis.  The detail and descriptions of our everyday experiences with Hunter are spot on and I know it helps her to be able to document it.  Though the writing is true to our family experiences and it is good updated information for family and friends, the true reason for this blog is to help others.  If this blog is able to help one person cope, heel, or purely educate themselves on PANDAS, Autism, PDDNOS, etc. it would be such a success for my wife.  That is just the type of person she is and will always be.  I thank her for her words and thoughts.

Here are some of my initial thoughts and feelings overall.  Having a son on the Autism spectrum is not the easiest challenge I have had to face in my life but I will say it is one of the most complex.  Believe me, I am learning but thank God I have Erika when it comes to understanding a lot of this stuff.  Though this challenge is very hard, I believe that when you are challenged in life, you better yourself day after day.  Our big man H challenges us daily.  We challenge him as well.  He isn't always wanting to do a lot of the things we are asking him to do but I believe in everything we are doing and it is making him better.  There are those daily struggles that we go through but as a family we stay strong and continue to do all we can.  To me, as long as that is staying on track and is consistent I am good.  MAYBE more to come at a later date.  Much Love! 

Comments

Popular Posts