DENIED

I have been calling all week to our insurance company, the infusion center, Dr. G's nurse in the attempt to find out the ruling on the coverage for Hunter's recommended IVIG.  Each day I felt like we were making progress.  Wednesday, the insurance company told me they had received the required letter of medical necessity from his doctor.  It had gone to the medical director for review. Yesterday, still no progress, so I asked the infusion center and Dr. G's nurse to call to have it expedited.  This morning, still no answer.  Around lunch today, I called and the representative who answered said that the medical director had reviewed the case...and deemed it experimental for the type of diagnosis. 

My heart sunk.  I just have had the feeling all along that this procedure would be approved, that this is the way the journey was supposed to lead us...but now we are stuck at a road block.

The representative did have some positive news- typically, the denials are just that- done.  For other cases, the medical director will send back paperwork to the doctor for more information, to assist in making the correct medical decision.  This director, however, must have read or sensed the urgency and took it upon herself to call Dr. G in hopes of a peer-to-peer review of his case.  She had to leave a message for Dr. G . I called his nurse and told her that the message was most likely on their machine, and if they could please, please, pretty please call the director back asap, a decision could be overturned.

I am trying to remain positive...my friend posted this Bible quote to her facebook this morning:

"The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way? (Proverbs 20:24)"

I went to get my daily devotional, which I haven't been reading lately...and here is today's message:

"Try to see things more and more from My perspective.  Let the light of my presence so fully fill your mind that you view the world through Me.  When little things don't go as you had hoped, look to me lightheartedly and say, "Oh well."  This simple discipline can protect you from being burdened with an accumulation of petty cares and frustrations.  If you practice this diligently, you will make a life-changing discovery: You realize that most of the things that worry you are not important.  When a serious problem comes your way, you will have more reserves for dealing with them."

I would consider this a serious problem.  The day to day issues that I worry about are nothing in comparison to the chance to heal Hunter. 

So today, I am using up all the reserves.  I am giving it all to the Lord. 

"Lay your requests before Me and wait in expectation." Psalms 5:3

Comments

Popular Posts