The season of Crazy Busy

We are still hanging in over here.  I haven't had a chance to blog- between work, Christmas shopping, teacher/therapist gifts, extras for parties, activities, sports...the list goes on.

But here's the good news.  Well, the great news.  Hunter has been doing fabulous!!  He had a rough start back last week with anxiety and not wanting to go to school, but his own countdown to
Christmas vacation has kept him motivated.  He has attended special events at school (even one for fifty minutes!), continued to do his ABA therapy two days/week after school (I feel so bad, I know he has to be exhausted when he gets home), and has had two amazing sessions with our private OT.  His handwriting has improved so much.  He still would prefer to eat broccoli than write out a journal entry (and he hates broccoli), but we are making progress.

Last year, I remember December as being one of our hardest months.  He had just had a flare due to teeth eruption/flu mist/not sure, and he was trying to recover.  We had a therapist attending his preschool five days/week, 25 hours/week, and he still was having difficulty with transitions, compliance, and aggression.

This year, I haven't received many phone calls or emails indicating he has been having trouble.  Instead, I get pictures of activities, and phone calls of celebrations.

Tomorrow we have his class presentation and party.  I begged Peter to take a couple of hours from work because we overlap all three children's parties in one block of time.  He most willingly accepted and will start the afternoon with Hunter, while I read to Peyton's class.

This is such a fun time of year, but I feel as wound up as a yo-yo.  Peter and I keep texting each other, "Only three days till Friday."  "Is it Friday yet?"  "Who made up these other days?  Who needs them?"

Here are a few pictures of what has been keeping us busy the last few days.

 Candy Cane Experiment: Stick a candy cane in water and see what happens!
 It melts!

PAIR OF PANTS NUMBER FIVE!!!!!!!!!

He lost another tooth!  This bloody mess came into my kitchen with his face and hands covered in blood.  After I finished freaking out when I realized it was his tooth, I had to snap a picture.
forgot to include a picture of their finished "tape" paintings last blog

practicing the splits for dance class
Our relay team advertised for his company just a little...so proud of Peter for being chosen to hold the tape for the winner of the marathon!  Had to find a sign to take a picture by...

My friends and I had a wine drinking, tutu making party prior to the race.  We might not have been
fast, but we were cute! ha!

Paige got to see her sweet friend Riley perform in the Nutcracker
 This weekend, we have planned a cookie decorating/hot chocolate/Polar Express watching night, another night to look at the Christmas lights in one of our favorite neighborhoods, and hopefully avoid the stores...this mama is officially done with shopping!
Cookie making!  Wonder if I should tell him they are GFCF?


Special Prayer request:  Peter and I have requested a phone conference with the head of the HR department for his new company.  Please pray that we have the right words to say, with respect and dignity, and most importantly, convey the importance of offering all families suffering with Autism the assistance they need.  Tomorrow night, I start the outline with data, studies, etc to convince this employee that Hunter is worth it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts