"I have a smiley face now"- IVIG #13

Last day of IVIG #13! We have almost made it to the end.  This week has been more crazy than usual...between hospital visits, dropping off Paige to sweet friends' homes, picking up babysitters, squeezing my therapy visits in between IVIG and sports, we are so ready to be done!  And to top it off, we have meet the teacher tonight.  We will breathe tomorrow.

Going into this round of IVIG, I was so excited to get our Hunter back.  Summer has been a challenger to say the least.  Day 2 of IVIG upon waking, I started to see our little man resurface.  Here I am again, guys!

Yesterday as we were driving from the hospital to pick up Paige, Hunter said, "Mommy!  The bad Hunter is gone!" 

I smiled at his "bad Hunter" wording.  "What do you mean, buddy?"

He thought for a minute and said, "I have a smiley face now!" 

This kid can feel the difference, too.  Today he woke up with headache, but he is back.  Happy, kind, compliant, quick to respond, and basically, has a "smiley face."  What a great description.

Looking forward to meeting his teacher tonight and to celebrate the start of a new school year this weekend.  My blog posts will become more regular again, promise- hope I didn't lose most of you!  Please send prayers for a successful night tonight and a great start to FIRST GRADE!
 
 "Santa" brought Hunter some coloring books made by children.  Peyton had a classic greeting for this sweet older man.  "Uh....does your nametag say SANTA????"  HAHA!


 

Comments

Popular Posts