day four #16...with a fever

Last night around 1 AM, Hunter came down and told me to check his blankets upstairs because he had vomited.  It wasn't a surprise- he usually vomits or has a headache day 3.  When I came back down to check on him in my bed, he felt warm.  I was scared to check his temp, because I didn't want to see a fever.  He was a little over 99, but felt much warmer than that.  He slept on and off, and when we arrived at the hospital this AM, he was running a 100.4 fever. 

His IV site was also leaking, so they had to take it out and start a new IV in his other arm. 

I had them page the doctor to make sure he could continue the IVIG.  Dr. G said to go ahead as planned, but increased his Tylenol and said there was a virus that he was getting calls about. 

The nurses said the fever could be a side effect of the IVIG (which has happened one time before), but I am sitting here a nervous wreck with so many possibilities running through my head.

Please pray. . I don't even know what to ask you to pray for.  I just want this to be done, for him to be healthy, for all of the worries to go away. 

This morning, I found him in my closet, sitting on a stool. I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "I just want IVIG to be done and not to throw up."

Oh buddy.  Me too.

He screamed through the new IV and had crocodile tears as he had to get stuck for the second time this round. 

It just doesn't seem fair.  I feel like I have been complaining all week how tired I am, how stressed I have been...and I haven't been the one getting stuck and going through a big medical procedure. 

I look at this sweet boy and can't even explain how much I love him.  I love him for being such a trooper.  For being so incredibly brave.  For enduring more than any other 7 year old I know. 

For living with a harsh, difficult, involved and frustrating disease. 

He picked out his own shirt today, and the superhero symbol couldn't fit him any better. I just saw on twitter that it is #nationalsuperheroday.

Pray for this sweet boy.

Comments

Popular Posts