Hello Junie B Jones...

Oh Junie B....

How I don't like the way you talk to your mother.

How I don't like your grammatical errors- hello, I'm a speech pathologist!

How I don't like the name calling and "strong" words you use in your stories...

Image result for junie b jones


BUT....

Every kindergarten class reads Junie B Jones books together for story time.  Paige used to look forward to the rug time, when her teacher would read about the newest Junie B antics.  She would come home and tell me the silly scenarios, outrageous titles, and laughs the class shared together. 

And last night, as we were reading one of Hunter's book choices for bedtime, he stopped me and said excitedly, "Mommy!  I want to read a Junie B Jones book!"  He jumped out of bed and ran to Paige's room, where she gave him a choice of these funny chapter books to choose from.

I was pumped for so many reasons- his book selection is always varied- we rarely read McQueen books for bedtime stories.  But these Junie B books are chapter books- with very few pictures.  He really has to listen to the content to understand the stories.

So with my best, animated voice, I read to my sweet kindergartener about this crazy little girl named Junie B.

Grammatical errors and all. ;)

Win!

Comments

Popular Posts