Finding the End of the Rainbow- Happy 7th Hunter!

Happy birthday to this sweet boy!  I can't even believe he turned 7 years old yesterday.

I can't believe we have been fighting against an autoimmune disease and Autism for 5 years.

My friend Lindsey coined the term "yes day" in their house- a day where she says "yes" to (mostly) everything her children want to do.

So for Hunter's special day, we decided to give him his own "yes" day.  Pretty exciting for a child who is told "no" often, and has to comply with various therapies often.

We started the day with presents (he was up at 5:20!!), homemade GFCF pancakes- and he ate NINE of them.  Syrup with your pancakes?  Yes.







He wanted to go to his favorite park downtown and ride the public transit.  We played for a bit and then headed for a tour of the downtown area.






He wanted to go to Toys R' Us, so we went to pick out one more present, and then wanted to rent Rio 2 from the video store.  He chose our favorite restaurant for dinner, and on the way home he yelled, "Look! There's a rainbow!" We pulled over to take a picture of it.  I couldn't believe it- a rainbow with NO rain! It had sprinkled earlier in the day, but there was sunshine all around us!


Hunter wanted to follow the rainbow, so we drove on to one of our favorite parks to get a closer look at the beautiful colors.



When we left the park, it was time to sing to this sweet boy and blow out those candles on the GFCF brownie cake he requested.  








When we sat at the park watching Paige, Hunter, and Peyton run, scream, play tag, and just "be kids," an overwhelming sense of gratitude came over me.

Five years ago I never would have guessed the circumstances and tribulations we would encounter.

Five years ago, I would have called you crazy if you told me my son would have Autism someday.

Five years ago, I would have imagined our lives in a very, very different place.

But five years ago, we were given this journey- one demanding unimaginable strength, determination, faith, and love.

We needed someone to help us find it.

When we pulled away from the park and the beauty of the rainbow lay in the distance, Hunter asked me, "Mommy?  Can we go and find the end of the rainbow?"

We have already found it, sweet boy.

Sidewalk Prophets: Help Me Find It
https://youtu.be/CsjZ94K7UQs

I don't know where to go from here
It all used to seem so clear
I'm finding I can't do this on my own
I don't know where to go from here
As long as I know that You are near
I'm done fighting
I'm finally letting go
I will trust in You
You've never failed before
I will trust in You
[Chorus:]
If there's a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it
I'm giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I've never been alone
Even when it hurts, You'll have Your way
Even in the valley I will say
With every breath
You've never let me go
I will wait for You
You've never failed before
I will wait for You
[Chorus]
I lift my empty hands (come fill me up again)
Have Your way my King (I give my all to You)
I lift my eyes again (Was blind but now I see)
'Cause You are all I need
[Chorus]

Comments

Popular Posts