Pumpkin Patching it up- crazy mama style

I love a good pumpkin patch.  When Paige was younger, we went to all the biggest ones in our metroplex.  The pictures, the festivities, the thought of fall weather...I love it all!  The last few years, we have downsized to the local church's patch...a 1/10 of the size of the others. 

Well, I must have lost my ever-loving mind because I thought going to the ginormous pumpkin patch on a day off of school was a novel idea. 

Wrong.

Pulling up and seeing the parking lot, I knew I should just circle back around.  But how would I tell this group of kids we were leaving after a 30 minute drive? 

So we went ahead...and with fingers crossed, we started in.

Now if you are like me, you want to get that perfect shot, with the pumpkin field in the distance, the hair blowing...the fall colors...and when we parked I realized my real camera's battery was dead.  Darn!  Well, this is the 21st century- so smart phone to the rescue.

Yep, this is what I was dealing with. 
Inflatables by the dozen, crazy kids with Halloween attire sweating it out because their parents want fall pictures on a 80 degree day, and more lawn art than I have ever seen in my life. 




 

 
 
But...we made it through the bounce houses, and the kids went straight to the haybale maze.  I decided to let the girls go in (Paige invited a friend), and the boys said, "But we want to go too!"  So I, again, crazily agreed to let them all in.  It didn't look too bad from the outside...
 

BUT THEN...you walk around to the "look out" stand and you seriously want to vomit as you see heads peeking up every few minutes.  My anxiety hit the roof and I was the crazy mom yelling, "Stay together!  Where's Hunter? Do you have Peyton?" 
 

Needless to say, they survived- and made it out in record time.  We decided to play it safe and hit the pumpkins next. 


 




As the tractor ride left a huge trail of pollution behind, we decided to grab some popcorn, have a snack, and purchase pumpkins to paint at home. And Hunter even survived a half-water bottle spilled down his lap.  His clothes remained intact!

Can I just get a woot woot for surviving the hot, overcrowded, over the top pumpkin patch??

Charging my real camera and we will head back to our beloved church patch to get the pumpkin pictures that my kids dread- but I can't pass up our little tradition. 

Stay tuned. ;)
polka dots, minion, and lightning mcqueen

Comments

Popular Posts