The best day yet!

We had a super fun, jam packed Labor Day weekend.  We were a little worried that Tuesday would be a rough day due to exhaustion and being at home for an extended weekend.  At pickup, I looked at his teacher and gave her a thumbs up/thumbs down...she gave her little sweet smile and did a thumbs in the middle, with a laugh- I knew it must have been a rough day.   We found out later he had a hard time with transitions, wouldn't leave the classroom to go to specials (she finally got him by telling him to look for "Chester," the pet in the story they have been reading), was upset with a friend who pushed his foot off her rest mat and "didn't say sorry," and would not shut off the computer when it was time to pack up.  Sounds just like my Hunter!

However, today his teacher emailed me in the middle of the day, and sent me this picture that the art teacher forwarded to her:
Seriously.  He drew that Ninja Turtle all by himself.  And then when he got home today, he sang me the "dot" song, about just a dot of glue.

I am continually amazed by the things he does.  Honestly.  I'm pretty sure he had some assistance on the car, but wow- he wouldn't even go to art the first week!

When I arrived at school toward the end of the day today, his special ed teacher came out and gave me a huge high five.  Super awesome day- she was so proud.  Then, as the class filed out of the building, his classroom teacher ran over to me and gave me a big hug- she was so excited to tell me that "he had a great day!"  I'm telling you- we may have to clone his kindergarten teacher so that he can stay with her throughout his elementary school career.

He was super proud of himself for having a good day (did ask me for a new car even though that was never talked about), and after dinner tonight took his plate to the sink without me asking (this is a big deal, people).
I am loving the changes we are seeing and can't tell you how big I smile when I hear he had a great day- ZERO issues.One week in, and only the fourth full day.

I know we are going to hit some bumps, and not all days will be high fives, but we will take these small victories as a sign of even better days to come.

Here's a few pictures of the other highlight of my week- Peyton!  Started preschool and has some much needed mommy -only time.




A little shy at first, but then found the cars


Splashing in the fountains 


big boy at the park

Comments

Popular Posts