snowballs and success

Paige had her swim team party yesterday after school.  Her coaches organized a snow ball fight for the children.  Paige really wanted Hunter to join in, but he decided to stay with me.  As we watched the kids split into teams and run for the coolers filled with snowballs, Hunter became more interested and ran up the hill to watch.  He grabbed one of the snowballs that had been thrown next to him and was excited to feel how cold it was.

After seeing the kids having a great time, and with a little prompting from Mommy, Hunter decided to join Paige up on the hill.





It was all fun and games and he was having a great time...until Paige accidentally hit him in the face with a snowball.  Ouch.  All my mommy friends watching with me said, "OOOOH.."  It was like a scene from a movie- alligator tears, stomping feet, the whole nine yards.  I guess I might have reacted the same if a big, cold, wet, hard snowball hit me between the eyes too.

Anyways, after he calmed down, he went to wait in line for hot chocolate with Paige.  Coach Jon walked right up to Hunter with a large snowball- he said, "Hunter!  I missed you out there!  Here's a snowball for you!"  Love all of these sweet people in our lives. 

Check out my big snowball!
At the end of the day, I may have had the only child to be hit in the face with a snowball.  I may have been the only parent who had their child running around in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt in 60 degree weather.  I may have been the only parent who had a child upset because all of the candy canes were gone.  But I also may have been the only parent who had her heart skip a beat and have her eyes well with tears when her child got in the car and said, "I had so much fun, Mommy." 

Success is SO sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts