getting back into our routines is going to be HARD

Christmas vacation is over! Boo!  No work, visitors, playdates, relaxed schedules...kind of dreading the start of school tomorrow.  Kids were asleep by 7:15 tonight...hope they can all wake easily tomorrow!  I am praying it is not as early as this morning (before 5 for Hunter).  6:30 will be plenty early.  Here are a few days of fun before going back...
 
Hunter's second playdate at JP's house without me!  And he did great!  JP's mom said they interacted the entire time. So happy to hear this- and grateful for sweet friends willing to try!
acting silly



a roomful of toys!
 
Paige had a special friend over as well, and I set up a little tea party for them and their girls. 
 We had beautiful weather this past Saturday, so we went to the zoo with our fun friends. Paige wanted to push the boys in, so off we went...


checking out the elephants


our little map readers

zebras!

peyton dragged his "pink blankie" all over the zoo...needless to say, it went right in the washer when we got home


giraffes were so close!
hunter, pre-autism...look at that eye contact

stopped to take a picture in the jeep...have a picture of Hunter in this same jeep pre-Autism
 




 The penguins were a hit.  Hunter wasn't too excited about the zoo this time, but he did jump out of the stroller to chant "swim in the water" with the kids.  He really wanted to see these guys get wet.









riding the kangaroos


 We didn't realize they closed early (4), but it worked out well...the crowd had started to disperse and we were able to play for a bit before heading home- without many other children!




little birdies sitting in the nest







Today was  hard day.  Hunter waking super early; I took the tablet away from him (don't know how he found it or how long he had been playing), and it resulted in kicking, hitting, etc until I took him downstairs to my bed and just held him until he fell back asleep for a bit (until Peyton woke).  I made a New Year's Resolution not to raise my voice- well, that went out the window today.  No sleep and his aggressive, obsessive behavior today made me raise my voice a few times.  I was really upset with myself- I just wanted a do-over.   For those who have children with siblings on the spectrum, you are constantly amazed by their grace and their care/intuition.  Found these two notes today-

"Hunter is a good boy.  Peyton is a good boy.  I love my brothers.

 
Makes me sad, but at the same time, can't be thankful enough for a compassionate daughter that just "gets it" sometimes.  Extra hugs and kisses from her today, coupled with Peyton's snuggles tonight and his "I wuv you mommy" were enough to get me through this long day. 
 
Praying for a smooth transition tomorrow AM and a successful day at school for both.  Peyton and I get some one on one time, and I am SO grateful and excited to shower this little one with attention. 

Comments

Popular Posts