Take that, Autism!

Hunter's preschool had arranged for "Mother Goose" to come for a performance.  Originally, I considered keeping Hunter with me.  I didn't know how he would handle the sounds, the music, the interaction; I also didn't want him to get upset though when it was time for me to go back home.  So Peyton and I waited outside until Hunter's class walked in the assembly room.  I saw him hesitate a few steps in, but his fabulous teacher saw the same and gently grabbed his hand and led him next to his class. 


Hunter's little blue shoulder in front of us.


 
As Mother Goose began, she used her jolly voice and hand puppets to engage the children.  Hunter was hooked.  I sat three rows behind him, and I could hear his little giggle at appropriate times.  Mother Goose even asked for volunteers from the audience, and Hunter raised his hand!  I saw him clap when others took a turn, I witnessed the smile on his face, and the sound of his laughter was amazing...

He sat through the entire 45 minute production without a therapist, without a teacher prompting him, and best of all, he ENGAGED in the show. 

I was blown away.  I think I did more Hunter-watching than Mother Goose; even though she was a riot, she couldn't compare to the "take that, Autism!" performance going on right in front of my eyes.

Win!



Other pictures from the week- lots of this sweet not-so-baby-anymore...


3 year checkup- NOT happy about wearing this gown




 Another great swim lesson!  Loves that diving board!


acorn catchers

on the way to family pictures
Running errands with mommy!

Comments

Popular Posts