and we've got PANTS!

Fall is trying to come to us, but warmer temperatures haven't really helped us feel like it is almost time to go trick-or-treating.  This weekend, however, the temperatures dropped Friday night, and Saturday morning it was only in the 50s!  We had two early soccer games, and I told Hunter he was going to have to wear his pants.  He has gone over two years without wearing a pair of pants.  Last year, we made it through the winter with little sport leggings under shorts.  He refused to wear a normal pair of pants- even Christmas Mass, school pictures, with snow on the ground...there was my child in a pair of shorts.  

So...to be honest, I did bribe him.  We had to leave for Paige's game in just a few minutes, and I knew it would be a battle.  I told him he could have his tablet if he just tried on the pair of Under Armour pants (he thinks the symbol is an 'H', so he likes to wear this brand.  He said, "OK," a little unsure, but he put the pants on, and pulled the legs up to his knees as he walked down the stairs.  I explained to him that he couldn't walk like that when we got to the soccer fields, and he agreed...so off we went.  When we arrived, he crouched down on the ground and said, "I just have to walk like this," as he scooted away.  Nope, he had to walk with the legs down and then we could play his electronic.  So he dropped the pant legs, little by little, and finally was walking with both legs down.  

Victory.  The kid was wearing PANTS!

We kept telling him how cool he looked, how warm his legs must be, etc.  He was definitely agitated that morning at the game (wanted me to stop cheering- but Paige scored four times!!), and he took them off immediately when we got home.  

The next day, I made him wear them again. I figured like in auditory therapy, it is a desensitization process.  So why couldn't it be the same with pants?  He put the pants on without me assisting (actually surprised me when I came back down the stairs after only asking him a few times to put them on) and he left them on for 5 hours until I told him it was time to take them off because it had warmed up outside.

Another seemingly small victory to the normal family, but to us, HUGE step!

We had some fun with new costumes, games, made a yummy fall GF cake, visited the fire station open house, lots of trampoline jumping, perler bead making, and enjoyed the beautiful "fall" weather.  I need some cooperation from Mother Nature to make this desensitization thing work!


 Go ninja, go ninja, go! Took advantage of snapping the possible only shot I will get of the two of them together.

hunter


peyton




looks like he is getting a talking-to, but actually just showing his badge



paige





inside the fire trailer

demonstration of the jaws of life

didn't like the noise but stayed the whole time

top off!

screen saver change by who...take one guess

peyton's art

words at school

trampoline and bead time



apple spice GF cake
Hunter's color chart at school for clarification from previous post
Hoping for a great week at school!

Comments

Popular Posts