First Week Post IVIG #10

What a great week!  NO complaints at school.  Our special ed teacher had checked in with the specials teachers on Friday, because she hadn't heard anything all week- and he had done fabulously!  One time, as he was leaving the gym, he turned around and said, "I'm not breaking Rule #5 (never leave a classroom without a teacher), I'm just going to the bathroom."

He has been super sweet at home- this weekend, Paige went camping with Peter on their Daddy/Daughter Indian Princess campout.  I'm not joking when I say this- it was EASY having both these boys to myself this weekend.  We did a little shoe shopping, rented a movie and made a pizza on Friday night, and Saturday we played in the morning,went to the grocery store, built some legos, did a little homework, and then met our sweet friend JP at the pool that afternoon.  The kids swam for two hours, and were plenty exhausted....but I still made them go to church at 5PM.  I expected it to be a little of a challenge, as I don't even usually attempt it on my own...but they were perfect.  Several times I looked back while I was standing, and they were just sitting there, reading books.  I had to pinch myself to make sure this was the same child that had run out of Mass, after telling us he was going to kill us,or screaming "how dare you", a year ago.

And today, we did MORE homework (his fine motor is coming along so nicely)- and he had no refusals.  He was super proud to show me his letters in his Handwriting Without Tears book.  When the group got back (our friends from DC had flown in for the campout), we ate lunch and he put the tablet away that he had been using for his screen time with no aggression.

So pleased with Week One post IVIG.  Hoping this is a continuing trend....I am savoring all the extra snuggles and "I love yous" I am getting this week.

headed out for a fun weekend!

the girls dragged a bed from one cabin to theirs to make room for another girl
Sleeping buddies
watching the chief
the super sweet, super fun group of girls

And then, my boys weekend...
getting ready to go to the pool 


shopping for mommy...great lesson in fruits, veggies, meats, grains...and super fun!

check out these live crawfish!  they thought they were awesome.  not my exact thought...

and then my big boy...just a little tired from the camping weekend
I am on cloud nine this weekend!  Love our little family and all of our adventures together.

Feeling exceptionally blessed and thankful for small- and very big- blessings.

Comments

Popular Posts