there's no crying in baseball

I told myself I would not ask the question. 

However, I can't get it out of my mind these last few weeks.

Not just about Autism, but all of the other trials and tribulations we face in our lives.

Why is life just so darn hard sometimes?  Why must we feel like we have to fight for certain things?  Why do I feel like I have to "prove" myself when speaking to doctors and clinical staff, so they don't jump to conclusions and place me in the "the mom who is out there" category?

I feel like curve balls are being thrown, left and right, and I am unable to jump out of the way this time. 
Typically, I can quickly duck or take a step back and avoid the collision. 

So... if I am hit, whether intentional or accidentally, do I get to take a base?

Do I get to advance my team to the plate?

How many tears must fall before I can finally hit the home run?

Pondering.  Thinking.  Praying...for either the seventh inning stretch or the celebration of a victory.







Comments

Popular Posts