Giving Thanks


It has been awhile since the last post...computer issues. Have to rewind a few days to share some amazing feats as well as a few struggles. My mom came in town for a few days to celebrate Paige's birthday, and was fortunate to be able to attend both of the kids' feasts at school. Paige's feast was so fun- started with the children dressed in their Indian and Pilgrim gear, singing songs for all in attendance. Then we joined them in a grand feast at their tables in the cafeteria.





Peyton even got to join the feast!

After Paige's feast, we headed to the preschool for Hunter's feast.  I told him I would take him home with us after his feast.  We waited in the gym for the children to come from the classrooms, and he walked out, hands in pockets like his therapists taught him, with his headdress and his cute little vest (his shirt was too small after washing, so his creative, brilliant teacher Ms. Gina made it a vest!).  I was beside myself; I couldn't believe he was 1) Walking with the class  2) wearing the outfit  3) smiling!!!

Here are a few other cute pictures from the feast.  He sat so nicely with all of his friends, and was very excited to get to leave school early with his mommy, grandma, and brother. 


Very excited to see Grandma B, who flew in that morning after drop off




Hunter and his sweet buddy Molly


One more hug for the fabulous Ms. Gina!



 So on this Thanksgiving holiday, I had so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my family, for my extended family, and for my inherited family.  I am thankful for amazing friends that treat us like family, and support us in the toughest times.  I am thankful for the many therapists who have worked with Hunter thus far and have brought us to new levels of achievement.  I am so thankful for teachers who have given so much of themselves and are incredibly gracious and patient. 

I am thankful for a son who has taught our whole family the lessons of love, gratitude, and perseverance. 


Comments

Popular Posts