I strongly dislike time change

Does that title sum it up?  I teach the kids not to use the "hate" word...so I can't be a hypocrite. :) However, this recent "fall back" has really caused a problem with Hunter.  He had been waking around 5:30/6AM the last few weeks, so we knew that first night would most likely lead to an early morning.  He woke at 5 AM on the dot.  We tried to get him to go back to bed, but it was a struggle and he ended up lying on the couch with a pillow and a blanket until I would get him breakfast (I told him not till 6:30).  We even had run them around at the park, went out for pizza, and had a jam-packed day to try and wear them out.  Paige and Peyton did great- slept till 6:30. Sunday night we hoped that he maybe adjusted to the new clock.  WRONG...up again at 5:15.  He had school, ABA therapy for 3 hours, and Paige's swim lesson yesterday, so again, we were hoping for a miracle.  I even cooked a meal that I knew he would eat, so his belly would be nice and full. This morning he woke at 5 AM and I decided to take him back upstairs and make him go back to sleep.  As soon as I shut the door, I showed him his clock, which said 5:10.  We had told him that he couldn't come out of his room until his clock said 6:00.  He began screaming, "It DOES say 6!" and started to kick the wall.  I laid next to him and tried to stop the kicking legs, but as soon as the legs stopped, I became a punching bag.  Then he grabbed my hair and pulled so hard I really envisioned myself with a chunk of hair missing.  I held his body tight, trying to stop his aggression, but then he decided to take all his clothes off and told me to leave.  I tucked him in, all naked bones, and left the room.  I laid on the floor outside his room and thought he was going to sleep...until he came out crying ten minutes later, "Mommy!  Fix my bed!  It was an accident!"  Yep, you guessed it- he wet the bed.  I stripped the bed and put his sleeping bag on top, and again tucked him in with his weighted blanket.  I came back downstairs and he ended up coming back down ten minutes later.  Finally, I gave up and walked him back up and laid with him.  He repeatedly hugged me, told me he loved me, gave me so many kisses...its like he realized that he had hurt me and was truly sorry.  He laid as still as he could, but many repetitive phrases and sing-songs encompassed him...

I do get it- change is a major issue for him.  However, I wish his little body could adjust to this new schedule.  He doesn't like messing with Mother Nature, and I can't blame him.  We are just exhausted though, because even though he still goes to bed at an early hour, we have many to-do's and need to get our work done for the next day.  We aren't getting to bed any earlier, but we are waking up with the roosters. 

Hoping to see 6 AM on the clock sometime soon when he wakes.

Comments

Popular Posts