sweet little valentines

little.love.notes.

Love this age!  Paige received so many sweet little notes from her class friends this week, and even Hunter received one from a boy in his buddy class at his district school!  This note was my favorite, from a little boy named Daniel.


The kids spent last Saturday morning writing their names on their Valentine's and adding gummy bears and suckers (dye free of course:)).  Hunter had a hard time at first parting with his CARS valentines- he wanted to keep them all and he really did not like me punching them apart.  He wanted all the cards to stay in on one big sheet.  Once he understood that he would be receiving a bag full of cards on Valentine's Day, it was a little easier to continue on with this very hard fine motor task.  Those Valentines don't leave much room for little fingers to write their names!  Especially little weak fingers!





I did get a sucker for all my hard work.
Valentine's parties both fell on the same afternoon...so I headed to Hunter's first at 1:30.  He was playing on the playground when I arrived- it was so great to see him out there with his friends!
We all walked inside together and the kids ran to their self-decorated bags.  We sat on the floor in the classroom and opened all of the sweet notes and treats from his friends.  He asked me constantly, "Are these gluten free??"  Made me a little sad to sneak away the ones that would hurt his little belly.  After he opened the cards, we played a candy heart game, in which Hunter explained to me the directions.  He didn't get upset once over the chatter and excitement in the room, and was so sweet in offering me treats and thanking his friends for their cards.  Such a fun day!


playing heart games

sweet molly

love love love our ms gina!
After Hunter's party, I dropped him off at the sitter's house to head to Paige's party- no siblings allowed for this one.  Paige was sad that I didn't have Hunter with me, but still had fun with all of the kindergarten activities.

paige's teacher- the picture of patience!


decorating the ice cream cups!

paige and the "love letter" author

I love you keychain that Paige gave to me. :)
A day of love.  A day of sweet notes  and from friends.  A day to spend with my little valentines.


Comments

Popular Posts