Last day of preschool for kids

Playing in shaving cream for fine motor skills
Thursday was the last day of preschol for Paige and Hunter.  A day that I remember as a child- you were so excited to clean the room, take down the bulletin boards, have a pizza party...there was so much anticipation and change that I arrived to find Hunter in his teacher's arms. 

Hunter would often go to the office during the school year, to find a calm, quiet place that he could relax and re-center himself.   Miss Julie told me that he visited her in the office several times that day, asking her for band-aids for his boo-boos.  She said they went through several Cars bandaids but they were the best thing to calm him- they truly fixed his "boo-boos."

Now if I could only find a band-aid large enough to wrap his body on the hard days that leave him in a world of hurt...

Comments

  1. Last day of preschool already??? Have a marvelous summer. I'm so glad I finally got connected here. I have missed all the blogging since way before Mother's Day. Erika I have to tell you how amazing your writing is and how much I enjoy each entry. You would not believe the number of people who have commented to me about this site. They are all full of admiration for you, Peter and your lovely little ones and feel too that you have a real talent for this. I particularly appreciate the educational tidbits that you provide along with the many resources. The very heartfelt emotions that you share are an important part of your blog. Thank you for being willing to share that part of you. Having spent all the weeks with your family earlier this year I saw how daunting it can be to educate "in the moment". I know that what I learn here will help me to be a better grandmother and mom. I am truly hopeful that it will help me be an effective and appropriate support to all of you as well. Looking forward to your next post. I love you with all my heart. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts