adding to the treatment regimine


Well, we did it.  We were on the wait list for over a year to get into the Intensive Outpatient Program offered at Children's Medical Center.  Our insurance was out of network, but with careful evaluation and a thorough needs assessment, they approved Hunter for the program!  We are ecstatic.  Logistically, it is going to be a challenge for pick-up, drop off, parent training, parent support group, but I felt so good sitting in the parent support group today listening to two other mothers describing their immense satisfaction with the progress their children have made.  Hunter will be in therapy for three hours, two days/week, while I attend training for one out of those two hours each day.  I brought my computer today to catch up on a few things while he is in session, but I couldn't get the excitement off of my mind without typing it out. 

As I left the support group, I walked past Hunter playing in the kitchen with another little girl.  She asked Hunter a question, which he didn't respond to, and she said, "Hey, I used my words!"  Wow- she's her own little therapist!

I am so optimistic that this program, paired with private ABA and all of the other therapies we are doing, will prepare Hunter for the general education environment.  As of today, we officially have a year and a half to get him there...

We've got this. 

Comments

Popular Posts