Thundersleet??

I woke up early this morning to go to the gym...well, let me rephrase that.  I woke up at 4:20 AM when Hunter came to me and told me he was cold (this has been the pattern for the past week).  I took him back up to bed, and hoped he was back to sleep as I attempted to drift off, hoping to get a little more sleep before my alarm went off at 5:50.  5:15 he came back downstairs and told me he was cold.  As I got up to take him back upstairs yet again, he told me that his bed was too cold and mine was better.  He said he "couldn't sleep in his cold bed."  The week that Pete was gone, he was waking up every night and by the time it was close to wake up time, I just let him sleep in my bed with me.  I was too exhausted from not getting any sleep for four days straight that I gave in.  Well, now I am paying the consequence and am trying to nip this little habit in the bud.  After I lay with him for a bit, I went back downstairs and heard thunder.  Peter checked the weather on his phone and saw that we were going to get a wintery mix.  By that time, I decided just to lay there until my alarm went off and hoped that school would be cancelled.  No luck...

Anyways, the whole point of that story is not to explain how sleep deprived we are. :)  It SNOWED!  Paige woke up as I headed out the door and she was so excited to see the white dusting on the ground.  Peyton ran for the door and wanted to go out in his jammies.  Hunter got a big smile on his face when he came down the stairs and glanced outside.  I think the preschool was going to have the kids go out and play in the snow, and I decided to take Peyton out for a few minutes when we got back home.  He LOVED it. 









It's predicted that we may get snow again Wednesday night.  Fingers crossed for a snow day Thursday for all the kids to enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts