Sibling love

We have explained Hunter's behaviors, doctors visits, and supplements to Paige not with the Autism terminology, but that his brain is not like hers- his brain is different.  She has taken this information to heart and she seems to truly understand that he may not think like her, but he is still her little brother.  She has such a protective mechanism that automatically encircles him with love and guidance.  I took this picture one day while the kids were supposed to be having rest time.  It got quiet in Paige's room, but I still heard Hunter flipping through books in his own room.  Then I didn't hear him anymore...went upstairs to check on them and found this sweet sight of love.  He must have crawled in bed with her and put his own protective arm around her.  Definetly teared me up to see that he, too, understands that she is truly his best friend.




One little picture that Paige made at the end of the school year said, "If you could bring back the dinosaurs, what would you ask them to do?"  Paige answered, "Play with me and my brother."  I found one of Hunter's little papers from school and thought it was just as cute:



More pics of my sweet kiddos...


Comments

Popular Posts