When it looks like I'm not having any fun...

We had a play date a few weeks ago with some of our closest friends, and their intelligent, loving, and sweet daughter asked a question that had such an impact on me...as everyone else was playing with toys and conversing, Hunter was complaining and crying about something.  She said, "Miss Erika?  How come it seems like Hunter is never having any fun?"

That is a GREAT question, I thought.

I wish I had had a brilliant answer for her, one that would make sense to her and all of the other children who look at Hunter and wonder why this little boy seems to be upset most of the time. 

I told her, "His brain is different than yours and mine.  Sometimes the room is too loud, or there are too many people, or he doesn't understand why he can't have a toy.  He does have fun, I promise. We just have to figure out what seems fun for him."

So even though I had an answer for her question, it left me questioning which activities and situations would allow him to have fun, in his own way. 

I'm going to re post my Blind Eyes entry because it is fitting here and it explains how a situation may look very different than it appears.

Comments

Popular Posts