Wisconsin Post #2

So it has taken me awhile to get back into blogging.  Wanted to continue on with our trip up to WI.



The weekend we arrived, I had a half-ironman on Sunday morning.  All the kids were excited to go to the lake to watch mommy race- 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13 mile run.  Race morning was absolutely beautiful, perfect temperatures....and I felt great!  I saw the kids and Peter multiple times throughout the morning, and was greeted by my whole family and cousins at the finish.  As I came around the last curve, my mom started cheering loudly for me- and instead of focusing on the finish line, my vision was centered around Hunter, who was hitting my mom and screaming.  He couldn't handle the yelling and cheering for all the athletes.  When I circled back to find everyone after crossing the finish line (6 hours and 9 minutes later:)), he was sweaty, crying, and generally out of sorts.  I hugged him deeply and told him how happy I was to have him there. 

High school friend Stacey and I






















After the race, Peter and I left for Turks and Caicos to celebrate our ten year anniversary.  After a stressful year and not having much time for ourselves, we decided to take a trip without the kids for some much needed R&R.  The kids had a blast at my parents' house with all the uncles and aunts and cousins.  My mom's friend, Jeanne, had found so many toys and books at garage sales prior to them arriving, so they didn't lack for anything.  The week was filled with so many activities to keep them busy- the pool, a sleepover at the cousins' house, trips to Barnes and Noble, the zoo, ice cream, the waterpark....don't think they had time to miss us!  Aunt Gretchen also took time each day to make Hunter a schedule of events to keep him organized.  Here are some pictures from the week:






Making schedules with Aunt G




Even Grandpa went to the waterpark







Nothing is better than ice cream...

...and family.

Here are just a few pictures from the beautiful islands of Turks and Caicos:




It was a wonderful, relaxing, beautiful trip- but we missed our three kiddos like crazy!  We ended up on an earlier flight home so we were able to see them and put them to bed on Sunday night.  Everyone was so impressed with how well Hunter did with us away.   A perfect way to end the trip- compliments for our little man.











Comments

Popular Posts